Wednesday, October 26, 2011

for real, this time....

So, a funny thing happened on the way to the airport. I know, I know. We're supposed to be on the beach, digging our heels into the sand and sipping margaritas, and yet we're stuck here instead. We're, I guess, what you'd call.....grounded.

I remember attempting to scan A's passport in one of those kiosks to get a boarding pass and wondering why it kept coming up as error. As I scanned it again the second time, I noticed a backwards Sept. 11, and it suddenly occured to me, I can't remember the last time we checked our passport's expiration date.  And true enough, A's passport is expired! Imagine my horror! But I think in all honesty, we handled it like mature individuals seeing how this was an honest mistake. We were at the passport office on a Saturday to get him a new one. So yes, we had to say goodbye to T&C. For now.

I guess it was arrogant of us to assume to always be good for travelling as we've never had problems before. So, lesson of the day: Always check your passport!!

We are rebooked for December though =) But enough of that, I'm actually excited about our nth trip to NYC for a very special conference. We'll be attending this:


It's the biggest event for wedding photographers and we're just ecstatic to meet fellow wedding photographers and learn from industry experts. We'll also hopefully be able to find a photo book company to make flushmount albums for us. This is something we've been trying to add to our roster of products for some time. I can't wait to share with all of you our exciting time in NYC so stay tuned =) We're leaving tonight as soon as we pick up A's passport.

No comments:

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!